Ordinarily we build bikes to order and a typical frame or bike can be shipped within a week or two. However, during busy periods we may sell out of stock before the next delivery arrives. When that happens, we offer preorders.
Preorders allow you to place a fully refundable deposit to reserve stock and a place in the build queue. When placing a preorder we provide an estimated shipping date (which can change). Preorders are ideal if you know what you want and you're willing to wait for it.
It's a simple process but it's a little different to buying an in-stock item so it's worth reading our preorder guide, or referring to our preorder FAQs below:
1 - Product Page
If a product is available to preorder, the normal 'Add to Cart' button is replaced by a section with a deposit amount and a new 'Pre-order' button.
Choose your product size and colour in the usual way by using the dropdown boxes and when you're happy with your choices, click on the 'Pre-order' button.
Instead of taking you straight to the shopping cart, a new preorder window will open.
2 - Preorder Form
The Preorder Form shows a summary of your order including the estimated shipping date.
Fill in your name and email address. These details will be used to send you updates regarding the estimated shipping date and eventually a checkout link to pay the balance when your order is ready. Make sure you use the same email address here as you do at checkout.
Click on the 'Pre-order' button. The normal Shopping Cart will now open.
(if you don’t want to proceed, click on the ‘X’ button at the top-right corner of the screen)
3 - Shopping Cart
The Shopping Cart page will summarise your preorder.
Check to make sure you're happy with the choices you've made and then select your chosen payment method.
You will then proceed through a normal checkout process, adding your payment and shipping details. Make sure you use the same email address here as you did on the Preorder Form.
Once checkout is complete and your deposit paid, your preorder is in.
You will receive email notification confirming your estimated shipping date & we'll keep you posted throughout the process.
If you have a question about preorders or how the process works, take a look at our handy FAQs list below. You'll find answers to all the most obvious questions around deposits, payments, stock, lead-times and deliveries.
- ◄How do I know if a product is available to preorder?
- Instead of the usual 'Add to Cart' button on the product page, there will be a new Preorder section with the deposit amount and a new 'Pre-order' button.
- ◄Does placing a preorder reserve stock?
- Yes. Providing you complete the preorder process and pay the deposit, stock for your order and a place in the build queue will be reserved. There are some circumstances where we may not be able to fulfil a preorder (e.g. stock lost or damaged in transit) but this is extremely rare.
- ◄When will the preorder product ship?
- The best way to see an estimate is to go to the product you are interested in and click on the 'Pre-order' button which will open up the Preorder Form. At the top of that page is the current estimated shipping date. Shipping dates may change even after a preorder has been placed.
- ◄Can you guarantee a shipping date?
- Unfortunately not. The shipping date shown when you place a preorder is an estimate based on the advice we have from our suppliers and may be subject to change. This is out of our control. We will update all preorder customers by email if the date changes.
- ◄How much is the deposit on a preorder?
- Deposits vary product-to-product, but typically it is 10-20% of the total price.
- ◄Are preorder deposits refundable?
- Yes. If you change your mind at any time up to the point the order is shipped, you are entitled to cancel your order for a refund. If you do cancel a preorder, the stock will no longer be reserved.
- ◄Can I change my order once I've placed a deposit?
- Generally no. We will do our best to accommodate any changes but as a rule that would involve cancelling your preorder which puts you to the back of the queue. It's best to get your order right first time.
- ◄When will I make the final payment?
- After the stock has arrived and your order is picked, we will send you an email containing a payment link. Once that final payment has been made, we will then go ahead and build your order and ship it.
- ◄Can I pay in more than two instalments?
- At present no. The deposit is payable at the time the preorder is placed and then the full balance is due before the order is built.
- ◄Is there a limit to how many preorders I can place?
- We will only accept one preorder for any given product from each customer, but you can preorder different products. Each preorder will need to be done separately.
- ◄Can I add other items to a preorder?
- It's not possible to add in-stock items to a preorder deposit. It's better to place separate orders for preorder and in-stock items. If you want to add accessories to a preorder, that can be done when we send you a payment link for the final balance.
- ◄Can I wait until a product comes into stock?
- Yes, but you may run the risk that all the available stock will sell before it arrives. The only way to reserve stock that is in high demand is to place a preorder.
- ◄What if a preorder item sells out?
- If demand is very high, it's possible that all the available stock will sell before it arrives. In that case, the preorder option will be removed and be replaced by a 'Sold Out' message. We will not be able to take further orders for that item until there is more in production.
- ◄Can I preorder from a future batch?
- All our frames are produced in batches. If a current batch is sold out, we will only begin preorders from a future batch when production is underway. There may be a gap between one batch selling out and preorders beginning for the next batch.